Pages

Cartoons and Me

There must be something wrong with me...all day, I hear myself singing the theme music from my kids' cartoons...mainly the Backyardigans.  I guess just singing the music wouldn't be so bad considering their songs are extremely catchy and easy to remember...the problem for me, and now for my oldest daughter, is that I now know all the dance moves to the songs too!  Every time I hear the Backyardigans come on, its like I have a Pavlov's Dogs moment and singing/dancing is my conditioned response...its almost as if I blackout and have no control over myself until the music stops.  The only reason I am even remotely aware of my hypnotic state when said cartoon music begins is because when I start 'doing my thing' Peniel starts 'doing her thing' and yelling at me to stop!  Clearly,  the days of sanity have passed my by.  I will remember them fondly, but alas, a new day of insanity greets me every morning in the faces of my 3 smallish children...after fully partaking of sanity before kids and insanity after kids...I am not sure that sanity is all its cracked up to be.  Insanity is where I want to live...I like the neighborhood, its a place you can really grow some roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment