Pages

5 most embarrassing interactions with new neighbors

This post is about 2 weeks late due to some DIY projects I've had going... BUT, I FINALLY FINISHED IT, SO ENJOY!!  And please vote for my blog by clicking the Top Mommy Blog link on my sidebar!  I truly appreciate it! 

We have lived in our new house about 2 weeks now...in one day, my kids have embarrassed me about 2 years worth in one 20 minute conversation with 2 of our new neighbors...here is what they said...in list format...least embarrassing to most embarrassing:

1)  While talking to the neighbor, Sedric decided to be funny and break out his "potty" humor.  He started laughing when the neighbor asked him what he was thinking about, he responded,  more quickly than I could remind him of his manners, "I want to poop on your fence."  SPEECHLESS.

2)  While talking to the neighbor who is holding her tiny infant baby girl, Rafe asks the neighbor in a very matter of fact kind of way, "I want to see her baby boobs."  SPEECHLESS.

3)  Peniel see's the neighbor out in her yard, she starts waving at her.  The neighbor waves back and smiles.  Peniel marches over to the fence and yells in all her first born glory, "Hey!  Your yard is a mess!  You should clean it!"  SPEECHLESS.

4)  While talking to the neighbor with the infant, Peniel declares, "Babies are so cute!  I'M definitely gonna have a baby when I am 17!"  SPEECHLESS. 

And lastly, the most embarrassing interaction in this 20 minute embarrassment gauntlet:

5)  While I was introducing myself and my kids to another neighbor we just met 5 minutes prior, Peniel chimes into the conversation with this little gem of a comment, "yeah, my mom doesn't like it when we disobey, she takes our toys away from us, and our dessert, AND tells us we have to sleep in the garage!"  SPEECHLESS.

 Just for the record, my kids have never slept in the garage or been threatened with sleeping in the garage...she pulled that out of left field, I think she enjoys shocking people with outlandish faulsehoods, anyways...the look on the neighbor's face seemed to say, "there goes the neighborhood." I am now afraid to meet any of the other neighbors for fear of complete social ruin...I have a feeling we might be becoming "that family" in the neighborhood that everyone talks about with raised eyebrows...thanks kids.  Thanks a lot.   I can just hear the whispers now...did you hear those kids in that white house the other day?  Are they raising wild animals in there?  Do thy ever stop fighting?  She needs to close her windows when they are screaming, the noise is bothering my designer dog."

Coincidentally, I have not seen nor spoken to either of our new neighbors since the 20 minute embarrassment gauntlet...I am telling myself it's all a coincidence and has nothing to do with the shocking behavior from my kids...I wonder if I will ever see them again?   
My kids do yell a lot.  They do fight a lot.  They run around a lot making all sorts of noise that makes you wish you were deft...some days you would never know that I do teach my kids good manners, but I do...scouts honor!  They have minds of their own however and sometimes say what ever pops into their minds more quickly than I can install their manners!  Kids.  Parenting.  Never dull.  Never predictable.  NEVER. 

The issue I have is that I am cruelly outnumbered 4 to 1 and they know it...they get away with more than I care to confess to, but it's true.  Some days I am just too tired to catch everything...some days I have a short fuse and talk a little louder and harsher than I should, some days, everyone naps and I feel like a new person...but lately, that is only a very few "some days"...some days it really bothers me that nothing goes the way I want and none of my laundry gets done or we have to eat cereal for dinner again because I didn't make it to the store... some days, I cry about it... but that's when I tell myself it's ok because I love them, they love me, a little extra cereal eating never hurt anyone, and I am doing my best.  Some days, eating cereal for dinner is my best.  Some days, not getting the laundry done is my best...Some days, making it through the day without strangling my children is my best.  I am constantly having to remind myself that I don't need to be concerned with someone else's definition of a successful day...some days, I have to remind myself a lot.  I am just thankful that even tho I have a lot of "some days" I still deeply love my kids every day.



2 comments:

  1. Hi
    i couldn't stop laughing.The lil ones sound like such happy chappies :) big hug to them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading my blog! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete